EXCEPTIONAL TRIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE, UNMATCHED CLIENT SERVICE
Burns & Moss customizes representation in business litigation for clients seeking proactive, effective counsel and advocacy. Our boutique-style firm delivers aggressive, tailor-made strategies designed to protect clients’ interests and win cases on their behalf.
Disputes are often resolvable outside of court, but we are always ready to take a matter before a judge and jury if necessary. As needed, we sustain the right focus when cases become more complex. At all times, we keep clients’ immediate needs and big-picture goals in focus.
Representative recent litigation matters include:
- Successful prosecution of patent infringement claims against a national manufacturer, defendant destroyed all infringing products and paid our client a confidential six figure settlement.
- Obtained dismissal at summary judgment of $75 million trade secret claims brought against our client, an energy consortium, and our firm obtained insurance coverage for defense fees.
- Obtained dismissal of unfair competition claims against our client, the President of a construction business, and our client obtained a confidential seven figure settlement payment from the adverse party.
- Obtained dismissal, after a two month trial, of $8 million claims of corporate misconduct against owner of an engineering design firm, after which our clients obtained a confidential mid-six settlement payment from the adverse party.
- Successfully defended claims that sellers of a service business had defrauded buyer, in which our clients received a confidential mid-seven figure settlement from buyer.
- Obtained dismissal of both $40 million civil and related federal criminal charges against a motor vehicle retailer accused of defrauding manufacturer.
- Obtained dismissal of $83 million wrongful competition claims brought against national airline industry company, and the firm obtained insurance coverage for defense fees.
- Successful oversight of Consumer Product Safety Commission nationwide recall of client’s products, and obtained insurance coverage for recall expenses.
Request A Convenient Consultation To Get Started
Our attorneys are ready to take on general and complex business litigation matters with confidence, in full support of clients’ needs and priorities, including a need to contain legal costs. Arrange to meet with one of our business lawyers by calling 949-263-6777 or completing our online inquiry form.