Burns & Moss frequently advises and represents corporate clients in a variety of different situations, including participation in corporate board rooms, crafting of corporate strategies and response to ever-changing issues in the areas of employment, contracts and statutory regulations, as well as representation and negotiation in acquisitions and mergers. Representative matters include:
- Creation of joint venture with major international freight forwarder to handle perishable goods in the United States, Ecuador and Mexico, including formation and structuring of entities, purchase of existing businesses of each joint venture partner and renegotiation of ongoing support agreements.
- Termination of corporate employees to ensure compliance with all anti-discrimination laws.
- Sale of interest in fuel service business in Israel for $10,000,000, including renegotiation of entity and airport agreements to enable transaction.
- Sale of senior living facility for $71,000,000, including purchase and financing of the purchase of related property, rezoning and subdivision of property to enable transaction.
- Sale of 49.9 MW geothermal facility for $83,000,000, including purchase of preferred interests, to enable transaction.
- Negotiation of senior secured credit facility for $40,000,000 for international aviation services business.
- Review of corporate policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulations pertinent to their particular industries.